Learn the basics of Meeting Services with AskCody
The Services module in the AskCody Management Portal has two core features for your everyday use; Requests and Rooms. These two features are explained in the next part of the guide. Using the Service Management Portal
Requests are the dashboard and the front face of the Services portal, and the start screen of this module. The key element of the dashboard is the list of service requests for meetings during a chosen period. Each request consists of a status, a subject, a meeting time, who’s it requested by, location, time, and notes. By clicking the specific request, you can see requested items and quickly accept it from the dashboard.
To get a quick overview of your requests, you can sort the view by:
- Current: A list of all active/current requests for this provider.
- Today: A list of all requests for today for this provider.
- Tomorrow: A list of all requests for tomorrow for this provider.
- Pending: A list of all requests pending acceptance or rejection for this provider.
- Accepted: A list of all requests accepted by this provider.
- Rejected: A list of all requests rejected by this provider.
- Readied: A list of all requests readied by this provider and ready for delivery or pickup.
- Completed: A list of all requests completed by this provider - will automatically happen when the delivery date and time have passed
- Canceled: A list of all requests canceled within deadline by an end-user for this provider
You are also able to search for specific requests.
To view the service request, change the status, or comment on a request, click on the meeting subject.
If you want to edit an existing request, click Edit.
By clicking Download/Print you can either download the list of requests or create a printable PDF. Print all prints the full list with all info on each request. Compact creates a shortlist with only the most needed information.
Statuses describe the status of each request. Some can be changed by a specific action, some are changed automatically based on rules in the system.
- Pending: A request pending acceptance or rejection from the provider. Is only available if auto-accept is disabled. If auto-accept is enabled, all requests are automatically accepted.
- Accepted: A request accepted by the provider. When a request is accepted, a confirmation email is sent to the requester being either the host of the meeting or the person who requested the service.
- Rejected: A request that’s rejected by this provider.
- Readied: A request accepted and readied by the provider and ready for delivery or pickup. When a request is readied, an email is sent to the requester.
- Completed: A request completed by the provider. This can be set either manually when requests are executed but will also happen automatically when the delivery date and time have passed, and the request can no longer be edited.
- Canceled: A request canceled within the deadline by an end-user.
To edit an existing request, click Edit in the dashboard or list of requested meeting services.
As a provider, you can edit all requests on behalf of the employee (the requester) who’s requested the service. Requests can be edited when they have the status pending, accepted, or readied. When requests are completed, they can no longer be edited.
In the Room Filter tab, you are able to see which rooms have requests scheduled for today and tomorrow. This makes it easy for the provider to see and plan which rooms to provide the requested services for. As well, this will give an insight into which rooms are the most active and what of kind items and services users usually request for each room.
You are also able to search for specific rooms with requests.
Using the Finance Module: Creating settlements
The Finance tab consists of features to manage settlements for services, cost centers, VAT, and VAT categories. In this step, settlements are explained.
To settle for services provided, go to Economy, then Manage Settlements. Click Create to settle for a specific period.
Creating a settlement provides you a list of all settled requests for a specific period. In the overview, you can see all requests that have been executed in the time range and the overall information about each request.
To download this list, select either download or download custom. Download provides you with a CSV file with all standard information about the settled requests. By selecting download custom, you can now select which data about each request you would include in the CSV file.
To learn the more advanced features of the Finance tab, please read these articles about cost centers and cost center groups, tax fields, customized settlements, VAT and VAT categories or using the API for integration with your ERP system, or talk to the Customer Success team about how the Meeting Service module can align features and processes to the needs in your organization.
Next Step: Test meeting services set up