Learn the basics of Service Management with AskCody
Using the Service Management Portal, it has two core features for your everyday use; Deliveries and Rooms. These two features are explained in the next part of the guide.Using the Service Management Portal
Deliveries is the dashboard and the front face of the Meeting Services portal, and the start screen of this module. The key element of the dashboard is the list of service requests and orders (deliveries) for meetings during a chosen period. Each service order consists of a status, a subject, a meeting time, who’s it ordered by, location, time, and notes. By clicking the specific service order (delivery), you can see ordered items and quickly accept a meeting delivery from the dashboard.
To get a quick overview of your deliveries and service orders, you can sort deliveries by:
- Current: A list of all active/current orders for this provider.
- Today: A list of all orders for today for this provider.
- Tomorrow: A list of all orders for tomorrow for this provider.
- Pending: A list of all orders pending for acceptance or rejection for this provider.
- Accepted: A list of all orders accepted by this provider.
- Rejected: A list of all orders rejected by this provider.
- Readied: A list of all orders readied by this provider and ready for delivery or pickup.
- Completed: A list of all orders completed by this provider - will automatically happen when the delivery date and time have passed
- Canceled: A list of all orders canceled within deadline by an end-user for this provider
You are also able to search for specific deliveries.
To view the service order, change the status or comment on an order, click on the meeting subject.
If you want to edit an existing delivery, click Edit.
By clicking Download/Print you can either download the list of deliveries or create a printable PDF. Print all prints the full list with all info on each service order. Compact creates a shortlist with only the most needed information.
Each service order or delivery has a Status. Statuses describe the status of each delivery. Some can be changed by a specific action, some are changed automatically based on rules in the system.
- Pending: A service order pending for acceptance or rejection from the provider. Is only available if auto-accept is disabled. If auto-accept is enabled, all service orders are automatically accepted.
- Accepted: A service order accepted by the provider. When an order is accepted, a confirmation email is sent to the requester being either the host of the meeting or the person who ordered the service.
- Rejected: A service order that’s rejected by this provider.
- Readied: A service order accepted and readied by the provider and ready for delivery or pickup. When a service order is readied, an email is sent to the requester.
- Completed: A service order completed by the provider. This can be set either manually when orders are executed but will also happen automatically when the delivery date and time have passed, and the order can no longer be edited.
- Canceled: A service order canceled within the deadline by an end-user.
To edit an existing delivery, click Edit in the dashboard or list of ordered meeting services.
As a provider, you can edit all deliveries (service orders or service requests) on behalf of the employee (the requester) who’s requested or ordered the service. Deliveries can be edited when they have the status pending, accepted or readied. When orders are completed, they can no longer be edited.
In the Rooms tab, you are able to see which rooms have deliveries scheduled for today and tomorrow. This makes it easy for the provider to see and plan which rooms to provide the requested services for. As well, this will give an insight into which rooms are the most active and what of kind items users usually order for each room.
You are also able to search for specific rooms with deliveries.
Using the Economy Module: Creating settlements
The Economy Module consists of features to manage settlements for services, cost centers, and VAT/VAT categories. In this step, settlements are explained.
To settle for services provided, go to Economy, then Manage Settlements. Click Create to settle for a specific period.
Creating a settlement provides you a list of all settled orders or service requests for a specific period. In the overview, you can see all orders and requests that have been executed in the time range and the overall information about each order.
To download this list, select either download or download custom. Download provides you with a CSV file with all standard information about the settled orders. By selecting download custom, you can now select which data about each order you would include in the CSV file.
To learn the more advanced features of the Economy Module, please read these articles about cost centers and cost center groups, tax fields, customized settlements, VAT and VAT categories or using the API for integration with your ERP system, or talk to the Customer Success team about how the Meeting Service module can align features and processes to the needs in your organization.
Next Step: Test meeting services set up