The AskCody Bookings Add-in helps you search for all calendar resources across multiple locations and is fully integrated with Outlook.
Employees can search and sort by the purpose of a meeting (e.g. video conference or external), equipment, or services (e.g. a whiteboard or catering), or capacity.
The Askcody Booking module consists of 3 parts:
- AskCody Bookings Add-in is the user interface that integrates with Outlook where employees can search for and add resources. The add-in is connected to Exchange through the connected service account, so the add-in will always have updated information on which calendars are available.
- Resources are the online overview of all your connected resource calendars. This is where you set up each calendar to match the relevant search criteria (purpose, equipment/services, and capacity) and configure the other AskCody Bookings Add-in features.
- Resources Admin Center is where you create the purposes and equipment/service that should be available when setting up the calendars in the Resources overview.
The requirements for setting up the AskCody Bookings Add-in
- Created an integration between AskCody and your Exchange resource calendars (Click here to learn how)
- Added the connected resource calendars in Resources in the AskCody Management Portal.
- Make sure you have the AskCody role: AskCody Owner or Workplace Administrator (RoomFinder Admin)
Step 1: Create capabilities
Go to Admin Center → Click on Resources at the top of the page and choose Equipment/Services → Click Add → Name the capability and click Add
Step 2: Create purposes
Go to Admin Center → Click on Resources at the top of the page and choose Purposes → Click Add → Name the purpose and click Add
Step 3: Add resource calendars
Click on the main drop-menu in the top left corner → Go to Resources → Click Activate → Fill in the information, choose the appropriate Purposes and Capabilities and click Activate
Step 4: Install the AskCody Bookings Add-in
Go to Admin Center → Click on Add-ins for MS at the top of the page → Copy the Workplace Manifest URL to your clipboard (ctrl+c) → Install the add-in via Exchange Admin Center (click here to learn how) or via Powershell (click here to learn how)
For more informational articles and detailed setup tips about the Workplace module, visit the Workplace module.