The subject of events scheduled in meeting room calendars in Exchange and Office 365 will by default show the name of the organizer instead of the actual subject. This can be fixed by running the O365 room resource script below or through a bit of administrative configuration via Windows PowerShell.
**You’ll need to connect to AskCody before you can change the titles of your meetings.**
This fix will allow Today+ and ActivityView to display the correct subject and description for Office 365 meeting room resources and it applies to other versions of Exchange as well.
Please make sure to:
- Install the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant
- Option 1: Use Azure Cloud Shell in-browser (may require a small upgrade on your O365 account)
- Option 2: Install the Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell
- Download the O365 room resource script at the bottom of this article.
- Unzip the file and run “update_o365_room.bat”. When asked to run as administrator, select “Yes”. When prompted, enter your Office365 credentials
- The script will then run automatically, and your meetings will now use the subject.
Administrative configuration via Windows PowerShell
Run the Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell as administrator and enter the following command:
$Credential = Get-Credential
The Microsoft Azure sign in window will appear asking for your sign in information. Enter your sign in credentials.
Run the following command in order to connect to an Office365 session:
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $Credential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails RoomMailbox | Set-CalendarProcessing -AddOrganizerToSubject $false -DeleteSubject $false -DeleteComments $false -RemovePrivateProperty $false
Now AskCody will retrieve subject and description for every event in a room resource. However, private events and meetings will not show the subject or description, but simply display Occupied as the subject.
- office_365_room_update.zip (2 KB)