Learn the basics of the AskCody Visitors Add-in for Outlook and Office 365
- Deploying Visitors Add-ins for Outlook and Office 365
- Using the add-in for Outlook and Office 365 to register visitors
Deploying the Visitors Add-in for Visitor registration for Outlook and Office 365
Please follow these steps to install the AskCody Visitors Add-in. In this step, we recommend that you open two tabs in your browser since you need to be logged into both the AskCody Portal and the Exchange Admin Center (Office 365 Admin Center).
- Log in to the AskCody Portal with the credentials created when creating your organizational account on https://app.goaskcody.com.
- Click the menu tab in the upper left corner.
- Go to the Admin Center.
- Go to Add-ins for MS.
- Now, press Copy on the Visitors Manifest URL. You need this URL to install the Add-in in the Exchange Admin Center.
- When copied to your clipboard, open a new tab in your browser and log in to your Exchange Admin Center with your Microsoft admin credentials.
- Click Settings on the left side menu and choose Add-ins.
- Click Deploy Add-in and click Next. The Centralized Deployment service builds into Microsoft Exchange and Outlook lets you deploy the add-ins to users of Outlook across your organization
- Select Deploy custom Add-in and by pressing Upload custom apps
- Click I have a URL for the manifest file and insert the URL
- Click Upload
- Now, configure who should have access to the add-in. If you want to deploy it to all employees in your organization (and in your domain). You can also select specific user groups
- Deployment method gives you the ability to select either Fixed, Available or Optional. We recommend you select Fixed. This will ensure that the Add-in will be automatically deployed to the assigned users and they will not be able to remove it from their ribbon
- After you click Save, the add-in will be available on assigned users' Outlook and Office 365 the next time they open their Outlook App or log into Office 365. Some users may need to close the Outlook App and open it again before the add-in is available
- The Visitors add-in is now available in Outlook and Office 365
Using the Office 365 and Outlook add-in to order register visitors for meetings
Opening your Outlook or Office 365 Calendar now allow you to register visitors with AskCody when scheduling and booking meetings. To use the Visitors Add-in, please follow these steps:
- Open Outlook or Office 365
- Go to the Calendar and go through the steps of booking a meeting and a meeting room
- To register a visitor, for Outlook: Find the Visitors Add-in in the menu at the top of the Outlook window (ribbon)
- For Office 365: Find the AskCody Visitors Add-in by pressing ··· followed by selecting Visitors
- Select the attendees you would like to register as visitors in the reception connected to the selected room
- Write any additional information or notes that might be useful for the reception to know
- Select who should receive the notification messages from the reception when the visitors have arrived
- Click SEND VISITOR LIST TO RECEPTION when you are ready to send the list to the reception
To edit or cancel a visitor list, open the meeting in your Outlook Calendar and open the Visitors Add-in.
Next Step: Getting started with Visitor Management