Learn the basics of the AskCody Visitor Management add-in for Outlook and Office 365
- Deploying Welcome+ Add-ins for Outlook and Office 365
- Using the add-in for Outlook and Office 365 to register guests
Deploying the Welcome+ Add-in for Visitor Management for Outlook and Office 365
Please follow these steps to install the AskCody Welcome+ Add-in. In this step, we recommend that you open two tabs in your browser since you need to be logged into both the AskCody Management Portal and the Exchange Admin Center (Office 365 Admin Center).
- Log in to the AskCody Management Portal with the credentials created when creating your organizational account on https://app.goaskcody.com
- Click the menu tab in the upper left corner.
- Go to the Admin Center.
- Go to Add-ins
- Now, press copy on the Welcome+ Manifest URL. You need this URL to install the Add-in in the Exchange Admin Center.
- When copied to your clipboard, open a new tab in your browser and log in to your Exchange Admin Center with your Microsoft admin credentials
- Click Settings on the left side menu and choose Add-ins.
- Click Deploy Add-in and click Next. The Centralized Deployment service builds into Microsoft Exchange and Outlook lets you deploy the add-ins to users of Outlook across your organization.
- Select Deploy custom Add-in and by pressing Upload custom apps
- Click I have a URL for the manifest file and insert the URL.
- Click Upload
- Now, configure who should have access to the Add-in. If you want to deploy it to all employees in your organization (and in your domain) select You can also select specific user groups
- Deployment method gives you the ability to select either Fixed, Available or Optional. We recommend you select Fixed. This will ensure that the Add-in will be automatically deployed to the assigned users and they will not be able to remove it from their ribbon.
- After you choose 'Save', the add-in will be available on assigned users' Outlook and Office 365 the next time they open their Outlook App or logs into Office 365. Some users may need to close the Outlook App and open it again before the Add-in is available.
- Welcome+ is now available in Outlook and Office 365.
Using the Office 365 and Outlook add-in to order register visitors for meetings
Opening your Outlook or Office 365 Calendar now allow you to register visitors with AskCody, when scheduling and booking meetings. To use the Welcome+ Add-in, please follow these steps.
- Open Outlook or Office 365
- Go to the Calendar and to through the steps of booking a meeting and a meeting room.
- To register a visitor, for Outlook: Find the AskCody Welcome+ Add-in by pressing Register visitors in the menu at the top of the Outlook window (ribbon).
- For Office 365: Find the AskCody Welcome+ Add-in by pressing ··· followed by selecting Welcome+
- Select the attendees you would like to register as guests in the reception connected to the selected room.
- Write any additional information or notes that might be useful for the reception to know.
- Select who should receive the notification messages from the reception when the visitors have arrived.
- Click SEND VISITOR LIST TO RECEPTION when you are ready to send the list to the reception.
To edit or cancel a visitor list, open the meeting in your Outlook Calendar and open the Welcome + Add-in.
Next Step: Getting started with Visitor Management