Learn how to install the Active Directory Server Integration to manage user and hosts via Active Directory
The Active Directory Server Integration is a small Windows service that forwards object data from Active Directory to AskCody, enabling an automatic user integration between your organization's Active Directory and AskCody.
The service must run on a Windows server on your network, but not on the Active Directory server itself.
The service depends on the following:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or later
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
Minimum Server Requirements
- Processor: Minimum 2GHz dual-core
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory: 1.75GB
Since the Active Directory Server Integration service will forward data to an AskCody endpoint, outbound communication on port 443 (HTTPS) and internet connection are required.
Depending on the region where the AskCody customer is signed-up the following endpoints are used:
US region: https://sync.goaskcody.com/active_directory/
EU region: https://sync.onaskcody.com/active_directory/
Installing the service
- Download the installer here
- Run the .exe installer to install the service's program files
- Go to the following route in the server where you installed the service: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AskCody ApS\AskCody Active Directory Forwarding Service
- Press install and when the service prompts for a username and password, please insert the credentials of the user logged in to the server and running the service. In some cases, depending on the configuration of the account used to login, it may be necessary to type in the username in the DOMAIN\Username format instead of the standard mailbox one.
The service stores configuration file, logs, and runtime data in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\AskCody\ActiveDirectory\ForwardingService.
Please note that %USERPROFILE% is a placeholder that is replaced with the user that the service will run as, which is not necessarily the user that installed the service. In that case, the AADFS shortcut folder on the Desktop might point to the wrong folder.
Now the service is installed it needs to be configured. Please click here to learn how to do it.
Version 2.4 (current version)
- Added the Diagnostics Tool, aadfs-diag.exe, which can be used to troubleshoot common problems. The tool is currently in PREVIEW, although it is included in the release.
- Added domain whitelist to sync configuration so integrated users can be limited to those with email domains in the whitelist.
- Active Directory Server Integration now does a fallback search for groups created with objectClass=group if a group with objectCategory=group cannot be found, a warning will be logged to the service log file when this happens.
- The icon has been updated.