Important aspects to take into account when driving end-user adoption of the AskCody Meeting Management Platform in your organization
In general, when communicating to your end-users, focus on why and the value to the business.
People need a reason to change behavior and adapt to new processes or ways to do something. You need to motivate and encourage them by providing a reason to change.
In your communication to your end-users include:
- What is it?
- Why is it important to the business? (Motivate and encourage)
- What do you expect your end-users to do?
- How do you help them to become successful?
- How do they get support end help if they are in doubt of how to use the system?
- When do you expect all end-users to convert?
- How do you measure success?
- What happens if you don’t change/adapt? Is there a consequence? (Usually, a combination of 'carrots' and 'sticks' works well)
A combination of following media or activities works well for communicating to your end-users:
- Intranet update
- Email newsletter (from the executive sponsor)
- Drop-in sessions with Power Users to show how to use the system, and motivate others to start today
- Video (or series of videos) from IT-team or executive sponsor, showing a short demo and motivating to change
- A presentation from the executive sponsor on your monthly “all-hands” or kick-off meetings
- A video from Internal Support/Help Desk with tips and tricks, including ensuring your end-users that they can always ask for any help if in doubt. This gives end-users the motivation to try things out because they feel safe and supported.
- A one-pager or “how-to guide” to including in your onboarding collateral for new employees
Next step: Step 15. Support after go-live